Approaches to the synthesis of trichothecenes
Read Online
Share

Approaches to the synthesis of trichothecenes by No-soo Kim

  • 439 Want to read
  • ·
  • 41 Currently reading

Published .
Written in English

Subjects:

  • Trichothecenes -- Therapeutic use.,
  • Fungal metabolites.

Book details:

Edition Notes

Statementby No-soo Kim.
The Physical Object
Pagination96 leaves, bound :
Number of Pages96
ID Numbers
Open LibraryOL15184899M

Download Approaches to the synthesis of trichothecenes

PDF EPUB FB2 MOBI RTF

  Trichothecenes were later shown to inhibit mitochondrial protein synthesis [16,17] and to interact with protein sulfhydryl groups. The activity of trichothecenes eventually produces harmful levels of oxidative stress due to generation of free radicals [ 19, 20 ].Cited by: Get print book. No eBook available The Synthesis and Properties of Novel and Natural Macrocyclic Trichothecenes. David Alan Leigh. University of Sheffield, Department of Chemistry, 0 Reviews. What people are saying - Write a review. We haven't found any reviews in the usual places. Bibliographic information. Title: The Synthesis and. Trichothecenes inhibit protein synthesis by affecting ribosomes to interfere with protein synthesis and covalently bond to sulfhydryl groups. Toxicity of T-2 toxin and DAS is based on direct cytotoxicity and is often referred to as a radiomimetic effect (eg, bone marrow . Type B trichothecenes deoxynivalenol (DON) reduces IFN-γ gene expression in pigs and reduces their immune response to vaccine ovalbumin. The effect of the trichothecenes may modulate the immune system and allow pathogens to escape the usual host immune response. A Look At The Trichothecenes Deoxynivalenol, T-2 Toxin and Satratoxin-G.

Inhibition of protein synthesis and the ribotoxic stress response: Trichothecenes bind to ribosomes in eukaryotic cells (ribosomal 60S) and interfere with peptidyl transferase activity (McLaughlin et al., ). This effect requires an intact 9,10 double bond and a C,13 epoxide thus explaining why deepoxidation is an important detoxification. Efforts directed at the chemical synthesis of trichothecenes have received less attention (47, , , ), primarily due to the relative scarcity of published material on the topic prior to However, since that time, more than ten total syntheses of naturally occuring trichothecenes have been reported, including some of the Cited by: 2. The trichothecenes are a group of naturally-occurring sesquiterpenoid epoxides which show a broad range of biological activity. They are powerful inhibitors of eukaryotic protein synthesis, are. 1. Fortschr Chem Org Naturst. ; Chemical synthesis of the trichothecenes. McDougal PG, Schmuff NR. PMID: [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]Cited by: 2.

  Early toxicit y studies showed that trichothecenes inhibit eukaryotic protein synthesis, specificall y by preventing peptide bond formation at the pepti dyl tr ansferase c enter of the 60S. Trichothecene definition is - any of several mycotoxins that are produced by various fungi (such as genera Fusarium and Trichothecium) and that include some contaminants of livestock feed and some held to be found in yellow rain.   The trichothecenes belong to the sesquiterpenoid class, and are found commonly in cereal grains, with to date more than different compounds of this type being known. Generally, they can be divided in two sub-groups: macrocyclic trichothecenes, constituting approximately 60%, and the remaining 40%, which are non-macrocyclic molecules ().   Total synthesis of .+-.)O-methyllicoricidin Synthesis and Characterization of {[Tris(trimethylsilyl)silyl]methyl}silanes of the Formula Type Me4−nSi[CH2Si(SiMe3)3]n (n = 1−3) and Derivatives Quantitative Structural Characterization of Catalytically Active TiO2 Nanoparticles.